- 4-5 shallots, or 2-4 leeks if you prefer a milder flavor
- 1 rib (about ¼ cup) chopped celery
- 1 head garlic (about 7 cloves)
- 6 cups veggie broth (or 1 quart water plus 3 veggie cubes)
- 1 tsp. curry + ¼ tsp. turmeric
- 1 ½ pounds parsnips, diced
- 1 head cauliflower (about 1 ½ cups florets)
- 1 cup baby spinach
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 4 tbsp. Udo’s Oil
- Optional; 1 t salt, ½ t pepper, 2 T chives, 1 T lemon juice
- Heat a bit of broth in the bottom of a saucepan and add the alliums (shallots, leeks, garlic) and celery, stirring until translucent.
- Add broth, diced parsnips, and any cauliflower stems, and bring to boil.
- Cook 2 minutes, then add cauliflower florets, and reduce to medium heat.
- Cook 2-3 minutes more, and finally stir in the spinach and cilantro.
- Turn off heat and taste. Season with salt, pepper, and/or lemon juice to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and top each with 1 tbsp. Udo’s Oil and a sprinkle of snipped chives.
Holistic Nutritionist, Dana Green Remedios, RHN, RNCP has a passion for helping others break through their blocks to greater health, wealth, and happiness, working with transformational mind-body tools. The Vancouver-based educator and coach answers your questions in English, French, and Spanish as a Specialist working in the Product Information Department at Flora, and is a regular contributor to the FloraHealthy blog.