If getting your 10-15 servings of fruits and vegetables a day is a challenge, I would highly recommend whipping up a smoothie. Today we’re sharing a recipe for a green ginger peach smoothie, with spinach, to help you reach that goal.
Why do we love this smoothie?
There are a ton of health benefits in this smoothie combo!
Spinach is an excellent source of vitamin K, vitamin A (in the form of carotenoids), manganese, folate, magnesium, iron, copper, vitamin B2, vitamin B6, vitamin E, calcium, potassium, and vitamin C. It is a very good source of dietary fiber, phosphorus, vitamin B1, zinc, protein, and choline.
- Ginger has been used for ages to help with digestion. More recent studies show that it’s a powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory.
- Peaches are just awesome. If you can find fresh local ones, even better. They are a reliable source of antioxidants and are rich is several vital minerals.
- Raw honey is a powerful anti-fungal and anti-bacterial. It may also reduce ulcers and help other gastrointestinal disorders.
- 2 handfuls (or more) of spinach
- 1 teaspoon (or more) of grated ginger
- 2 cups (frozen or fresh) of peach slices
- 2 teaspoons of raw honey
- 1 1/4 cup of water
Throw everything in a blender and blend until smooth! Throw in a handful of ice to make it even thicker or add some more water to thin it out.