It is a rare occasion when there is no hummus in the house, so I was shocked to find it missing from its usual spot in the fridge. Hummus is easy to make, assuming you have the right ingredients, so I headed to the pantry only to discover that there were no chickpeas. This lead me to substituting white kidney beans in place of chickpeas, which produced this White Bean Dip. It’s lighter than hummus, but tastes just as good on crackers or veggies. So if you’re eating a lot of hummus and want to switch things up, I would definately recommend giving this recipe a try.
- About 3 cups of white kidney beans
- 1/4 cup of tahini (feel free to add more if you’re a fan of the taste!)
- 1/4 cup of vegetable broth or water
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Whip out your food processor and fill it with as much as you can, I halved all my ingredients so they could fit and did it in two batches. Mix until creamy and transfer to a container. Chill for 30 minutes for the flavours to really come out. Chop up some veggies or grab some crackers and dig in!