Also known as “liquid gold,” this juice contains all minerals known to man, and vitamins A, B-complex, C, E and K. It is extremely rich in protein, and contains 17 amino acids, the building blocks of protein. What juice are we talking about?
c) Carrot Juice
d) Tomato Juice
The answer is b) Wheatgrass Juice!
If you’re not familiar with Wheatgrass Juice, read on. It’s one of the best sources of chlorophyll available. Wheatgrass juice can be found powdered, in a concentrated juice form or you can even grow it yourself, and despite it’s name, it contains absolutley no wheat! Its high chlorophyll and nurtient content gives this juice some super health benefits. Even if the thought of green juices make you shudder, these 15 of benefits of wheatgrass juice may change your mind.
15 Benefits of Wheatgrass Juice
1) As we mentioned above, wheatgrass juice contains all minerals known to man
2) Enzymes and other compounds found in chlorophyll help slow down the process of aging by decompsing superoxide radicals into more manegeable forms
3) Because chlorophyll is the first product of light, foods high in chlorophyll like wheatgrass juice, contain more light energy than other foods
4) Wheatgrass juice is well absorbed by the body, and has never been found to produce any toxic side effects
5) Chlorophyll has been found to stop the growth and development of unfriendly bacteria
6) Chlorophyll is an antibacterial and can be used internally and externally. Wheatgrass ointments have a soothing effect and are suitable for treating dry, itchy skin
7) Chlorophyll may be useful in clearing sinuses, congestion and head colds
8) Chlorophyll neutralizes toxins from the body and purifies the liver. It’s a more powerful detoxifying agent than other fruit and vegetable juices
9) Chlorophyll stabalizes and improves blood sugar levels
10) Along with an improved diet, wheatgrass juice can cure acne and help to remove scars after being ingested regularly for about eight months
11) Wheatgrass is great for dental health. When ingested regularly it can help prevent tooth decay. When held in the mouth for 5 minutes it can help eliminate toothaches while pulling toxins from the gums
12) Wheatgrass juice can be gargled to help a sore throat
13) Wheatgrass is easy to digest and improves overall digestion
14) Eliminate dandruff with wheatgrass by massaging 6 ounces into the scalp and cover with a shower cap for 15 minutes
15) Wheatgrass juice can reduce high blood pressure and enhances the capillaries
So, will you try wheatgrass juice?
Source: Hall, S. (2013, May 13). 50 Reasons To Drink Wheatgrass Everyday. Retrieved April 14, 2015, from http://thechalkboardmag.com/50-reasons-to-drink-wheatgrass-everyday