Organic Flax Oil by Flora is an excellent source of Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs). Essential Fatty Acids are “good” fats, but the body cannot make them on its own – they must be obtained from our diets. Supplementing with oil pressed from flax provides both omega-3 and omega-6 EFAs as well as omega-9 to promote optimal nutrition and health. Many of us do not consume enough EFAs in our diet making supplementation an important part of great health for the whole family. Flax oil should be kept refrigerated and should never be subjected to heat. Heat destroys the healthy properties of the EFA’s.
- Each 15mL serving (1 tbsp) contains 7g omega-3
- Fresh-pressed, unrefined, virgin flaxseed oil
- “Seed to bottle” – Flora gets the seeds, presses them, and bottles the oil themselves
- Flora has superior quality control measures in place to ensure purity and potency
- These completely unadulterated oils naturally vary in taste from season to season. Flax usually has a light, nutty taste, but bitter notes are also normal
- Gluten-Free + Non-GMO + Organic
Did you Know Deficiency in DHA Fatty acids has been linked to:
- Sleep problems
Organic Flax Oil is an excellent vegan way to increase your intake of DHA Fatty Acids. It can be drizzeld on served soups, vegetables, potatoes, bread or made into a salad dressing. It can also be added to smoothies, oatmeal and yogurt. The slightly nutty flavour is a nice addition to many foods making it a versatile and useful oil to have on hand.
Try this simple salad dressing recipe to incorporate flax oil into your diet.
4 tbsp Organic Flaxseed Oil
1 1/2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
1 medium garlic clove, crushed
Pinch of sea salt and pepper to taste
Place all ingredients in a salad bowl and whisk together until smooth and creamy. Jess up this basic recipe to your own take by using your favourite herbs and spices.