The Granary is looking for an energetic person to work on the front lines of the exciting Natural Health Industry. This person will be a natural multi-tasker who loves working with the public. They will be passionate and excited about their own health and helping others obtain great health. A pleasing manner and clean appearance is required, plus the ability to occasionally lift 20-30Kg.
The day to day tasks will include (but are not limited to)
– Serving customers with a smile and providing relevant information to help them make informed choices- Processing inventory orders (receiving, pricing etc)
– Ordering of product and development of supplier relationships
– Maintaining a clean store
– Merchandising, signage, displays, etc.
The successful candidate will be efficient in the following
Retail Math – including calculating basic taxes and margins. Comfortable with cash and providing change. Able to convert units (g-Kg) and calculate prices per unit.
Communication – Ability to communicate comfortably and effectively in multiple ways including person to person, email/written, phone etc. even under stressful situations
Customer Service – Strong understanding of the importance of customer service including creating a positive experience. Ability to calm and serve difficult customers.
While not required, additional skills that will increase the hiring potential and the starting wage amount include:
• Experience in Retail Management including POS systems, inventory management and staff management.• Social Media Proficiency and the ability to produce relevant content
• A valid First Aid Certificate
• Able to demonstrate strong organizational skills
• Formal Natural Health Education (RHN, etc.) or experience in the industry
• Desire to learn, grow and participate in the fast paced, ever changing natural health world.
The successful candidate must be able to work evenings and some weekends. A minimum of 4 shifts and 25 hours can be provided with the potential for more. A regular shift would be 12-7:15. With 1-2 weekend shifts per month.
Benefits to becoming part of The Granary Family include
- – Fun work environment with a focus on life work balance and enjoyment
- – Scheduling flexibility with the ability to provide input and create a workable schedule for all
- – Competitive wage starting at 17-22$/hr depending on skill set
- – Health and Dental Benefits that include massage, Chiro and more.
- – Opportunity to be part of a local family business and work in Carleton Place
- – Ample opportunity for continued education through seminars, conferences, trade shows webinars, on line
training portals and more. Specific course may also be available
- – Opportunity to partake in the exciting and growing world of natural health and stay up to date on industry
trends, new research, new products and more.
Please apply before Oct 12, 2018 in person at the store or by email to Dena Comley at email@example.com