The Granary carries a large selection of bulk food for all your needs. Purchasing products in bulk has many benefits to you and the environment. Besides offering customers lower prices, bulk products reduce the amount of packaging going to landfills and takes less energy and other resources to produce.
Consider these advantages of buying in bulk
- Bulk buying contributes to your pocketbook. By not paying for all that individual packaging, labeling and advertising, you’re getting more product for your money.
- It’s a green way to buy. Statistics from the Environmental Protection Agency show we generate about 80 million tons of waste from packaging and containers every year. In addition to the waste products themselves, the manufacturing of them wastes energy and resources. When you buy in bulk and reuse storage containers, it’s a positive contribution to our planet’s health.
- You can often find the product you want in bulk and purchase the exact amount you want. If you have special nutritional needs, you’re likely to find just what you need in the bulk aisle.
- Many bulk foods are fresher, more natural, and often locally produced.
- In stores with bulk sections, you can assess for yourself the colour, aroma and texture of the products you’re buying.
We pre-package and price many items for you in an attempt to reduce cross-contamination, keep items fresh and prevent price “surprises” at the cash. All containers are all recyclable in the local blue bin program. Our bulk food prices are checked regularly to ensure the customer is getting the best possible price for the product. In order to supply our customers with the freshest products possible, we order in small batches and we order often. We also refrigerate many items including raw nuts, yeast, extra seeds and more.
One of the greatest benefits to ordering often is our ability to bring in special orders weekly. For those who like to buy large quantities or are looking for something specific, just ask our friendly staff and your request will be placed on the next order. The more you buy the more you save!
Check out our selection of quality bulk foods many of which are certified organic.
- Flours and Grain Organic
- Fruits and Nuts
- Seeds, Legumes and Beans
- Herbs and Spices
- Chocolate and Snacks
- Coffee and Tea
- Local Honey
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.