People often forget that you don’t need a microwave to make popcorn, so if you haven’t used your stovetop to make popcorn in a long time, whip out your old-fashioned popcorn kernals and get your biggest pot so you can try this Herb Popcorn.
This recipe comes from one of my new favourite cookbooks, Thug Kitchen, they make eating “real, healthy food” simple, without compromising taste.
- 2 teaspoons of nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme or dill
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- a dash of salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of high heat oil, such as grapeseed or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of dried corn kernels
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil
- a dash of salt (optional)
Mix together the herb topping. Use your stovetop to make your popcorn. Onced its popped, dump it into a large bowl and pour the olive oil over it, until its covered. Sprinkle in the herb blend and toss. Taste and add more salt if needed.