Camino’s chocolate bars are a leading line of Fair Trade and Organic chocolate bars in Canada, and for good reason! Unparalleled in taste and quality, their 16 mouth-watering flavours are sure to tantalize your taste buds. Quality organic ingredients come from environmentally responsible family farmers. All Camino products come from ingredients harvested through fair trade practices. Positive fair trade practices are key to building vibrant sustainable communities, through good food for you, and abroad, through greater prosperity and health for family farmers.
Camino Bars are always on sale at The Granary with our all the time 3 for $14.00 Deal.
Camino chocolate bars are made in Switzerland. They are Fairtrade certified by Fairtrade Canada, certified Organic by QAI, and certified kosher.
What’s a Fair Deal?
The purchase of Camino products ensures a fair deal for family farmers by:
- Guaranteeing fair prices to family farmers;
- Paying premiums to improve social conditions in communities of family farmers;
- Paying family farmers in advance to assist in long-term planning and pre-harvest financing;
- Supporting democratic participation in farmer-owned co-operatives;
- Ensuring that there is no forced labour; and
Supporting sustainable farming practices.
For more reasons to support Fair Trade, check out this article 10 Reasons to Support Fair Trade
Why Organic Farming Practices?
- Promote the diversification of plants and trees;
- Provide an ecological equilibrium;
- Reduce the incidence of plagues and disease;
- Fertilize the soil with harvest residuals;
- Generate additional income through the premium paid for certified organic products;
- Enrich family diets with fruit from shade-giving trees; and,
- Generate additional income through the sale of additional fruit harvest from shade-giving trees.